Thursday, January 8, 2009

Two steps forward, one step back

I was so proud of Christy this morning. We are getting ready to move so we got some boxes yesterday and she was going to start packing today while I was at work. This morning she says that she just isn't "even going to touch your yarn." She would just wait for me to do it at the last minute because she doesn't want to be responsible for messing anything up or packing something that I might need. I thought that was the cutest thing in the world. She knows how important it is to me and doesn't want me to be without it. So then tonight we are going through some more stuff to pack and I find a couple of scarves that I had knit a few years ago and set them aside. After a while she is getting all of the trash together and asks if they are going in the trash!!!!! I look at her just...dumbfounded... and wait to see if she was just kidding. She wasn't. Then I ask "how could you ever think that I would throw away a hand knit item???" She didn't see what the big deal was. Man...I thought there was more progress made than that. Guess I've got some work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment